"Life is a Highway"*
I don't know about you, but for me some songs just capture my suchness. This one and "Once in a Lifetime" nail it for me.
In The Rear View Mirror
A Brief Work History of Tom
I started Thomas Advisors in 1992. For a couple of decades prior, I was an active agent in the transition from traditional print publishing and direct marketing to the nascent digital age. When the WWW launched in 1992 I was uniquely prepared.
During my career I have:
- integrated print, digital and online content for several publishers and e-commerce enterprises
- mastered a large array of digital publishing and marketing applications. My closet is a computer and software museum!
- created, deployed and managed websites, email, print collateral, subscription and sales programs for diverse enthusiast communities like
world class sailors
financial and tax professionals
and a few stoners mixed in
- crafted online content for dramaticSEO improvements, tripling online conversion rates
- created strategic plans for for-profit and non-profit organizations
- vetted numerous ad agencies, list providers, and service bureaus integrating them into clients' strategic plans and execution.
- been Google Adwords & Analytics certified
After all this, I find working in an email world most enjoyable and satisfying.
"And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right? ...am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself
My god!... what have I done?" *
* Talking Heads' "Once in a Lifetime,"